Because we all have those other random things we need to clean and aren’t entirely sure how to.
- Clean the washing machine by running an empty cycle with hot water and a cup of vinegar.
- Vacuum out the dryer vent.
- Check smoke detector batteries and fire extinguishers.
- Open the windows to air out the house.
- Boil orange peels, rosemary sprigs, or cinnamon sticks for a natural air freshener.
- Add potted plants to your decor to naturally reduce air pollutants such as benzene, formaldehyde, and xylene. Try easy-to-grow spider plants, snake plants, ferns, or bamboo palms.
This is the final part of the “Green Cleaning” series— I hope you’ve enjoyed it, that you’ve learned a lot, and you’re ready to start putting these guides into action if you haven’t already.
And remember— a huge key to maintaining a healthy home is in taking proper care of your carpets and upholstery. It’s universally recommended to have your carpets professionally cleaned at least every 12-18 months.
If you’re interested, we’d be thrilled to provide you with a free quote today!